Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What can I do to help the coming oil crisis?

What's the single best thing I can do to help the oil crisis that is sure to come? Drive less, consume less, throw away less, of course. But what is one thing I can do that will make the biggest difference?What can I do to help the coming oil crisis?
Discover an alternate fuel source.What can I do to help the coming oil crisis?
Additionally, I suggest refusing to use over-packaged products that use petroleum derivitives to manufacture...such as





-Plastic and styrofoam packaged meats and produce (find a butcher that wraps meats in paper instead)


-Anything in a styrofoam container.


-Buy fresh produce that is not processed or packaged


-Buy locally-produced products whenever possible.


-Reduce plastic waste as much as possible.


-Recycle whenever possible.





These steps will reduce oil-consumption on the back-end and are less obvious to folks who are concerned about conservation.
Drive less


Mow less


Use a Bicycle


Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment