Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How much did gas cost during the oil crisis during the 70s?

ummm, sorry, but Mark has it all wrong. Clayton is more correct at .40 per gallon. This was when people were lining up with gas cans, and pushing their cars, stuck in long lines for blocks down the street, waiting to get it at .02 cheaper than the station down the street. I remember saying to myself that I refused to pay more than $7.00 to fill my tank. Then, I said to myself, no more than $10 for a fill-up (now we are in the 80's), then $20 (for in the 90's). Now, I've given up and I'm buying a bicycle since it now costs me over $40 to fill my tank.How much did gas cost during the oil crisis during the 70s?
I remember my Dad complaining when it was up to .36 cents a gallon in '72 before the 1st oil crisis, then came the crunch of '73 when we backed Israel in their war of occupation and the Arabs found out just how dependent we were on their oil, it went up to .75 cents a gallon and stayed up for years ending up around a buck a gallon before the next crisis caused by the fall of the Shah of Iran in '79 when it went up still further until the oil market stabilized and prices fell (allowing for inflation) up to the Gulf war in '91. Bush 1 then cuckolded Saddam which brought OPEC under our thumbs keeping the 90's prices down to less than the 60's (allowing for inflation) creating the feel good factor so undeserved for the Clintons.


Bush 1's idiot son's idiot advisers failed to understand how the oil market had been brought under control and subsequently threw all that away precipitating Gulf War 2 the great folly we have had since.How much did gas cost during the oil crisis during the 70s?
$.40 yes Forty cents per gallon.
only u batter knowing lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment